CHANGED TO WEBINAR DUE TO SNOWSTORM
Are you over 50 and looking for ways to improve your current financial situation? Have you ever dreamed of being your own boss? Work for Yourself@50+™ has the information you need to succeed.
AARP Foundation’s Work for Yourself@50+ initiative will help you gain the knowledge, support, and resources you need to make informed decisions about working for yourself and learn what it takes to launch a successful self-employment venture.
The decision to start your own business can be both exciting and daunting. Work for Yourself@50+ breaks the choices down for older adults in an approachable way through five steps:
- A careful consideration of the potential benefits and risks of working for yourself
- Exercises to help develop the self-employment idea
- A realistic overview of what it takes to pursue a self-employment opportunity
- Guidance to help avoid pitfalls and scams
- Ways to find trustworthy support and services
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact the Women’s Enterprise Development Center Inc. at 914.948.6098.
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.