Business Course Trainer
For WEDC's 60 hr comprehensive entrepreneurial training program
ENGLISH in White Plains | SPANISH in Newburgh
WEDC Trainers must be able to provide entrepreneurial training that covers the basics of owning and operating a small business. The end result for the students in the class is to graduate with a solid business plan that can be used to either start a new business or enhance an existing business. Programs are offered in Westchester, Orange, and Dutchess Counties. Courses are offered in the evening (6pm-9pm).
Trainers must be knowledgeable in most sectors of the business curriculum unless a specialist in brought in to present the session. Other responsibilities of the position include:
- Trainers will verbally communicate to the Program Director weekly about the progress of the class.
- Trainers will prepare written reports on participants’ attendance, progress/status, and other relevant information. Such information may include any special activity in which the participants engage, and special circumstances (e.g. awards, recognition, business opportunities, personal and family circumstances) of which the trainer is aware and has an impact on the participant’s ability to complete the training program.
- Trainer will follow up with students that are absent to encourage continued participation in the class.
- Assist WEDC with plans for the graduation ceremony.
- The trainer must provide WEDC with a written report no later than 30 days after the course is completed. Items to be included in the final report are: participants’ names and addresses, business names and locations, status of businesses and participants’ next steps for their businesses, copies of written business plans, review and comments on business plans submitted, and summary/success stories of participants.
- BS or Master’s Degree in Business
- Current or previous small business owner
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Experience working in adult education
- For WEDC en Español, fluency in Spanish is required
To apply please send your resume to:
English: Persephone Zill
Spanish: Veronica Bazan
The Women’s Enterprise Development Center (WEDC) is a non-profit organization formed in 1997 that helps entrepreneurs build successful businesses in Westchester County and the Mid-Hudson Valley. We focus on women entrepreneurs and provide them with the tools, resources and opportunities they need to achieve their small business goals. We offer a variety of programs to assist entrepreneurs at various stages of business development.
Learn how you can get involved as a salaried employee or volunteer. Contact email@example.com today!
The Women’s Enterprise Development Center (WEDC), a 501(c)(3) corporation, has been empowering women entrepreneurs to build successful small businesses since 1997 in Westchester County and the Hudson Valley. This is accomplished by providing comprehensive, high quality business training programs, one-on-one business and loan counseling, networking opportunities, assistance with loan applications for microloans and crowd funding through Kiva Zip, and MWBE certification assistance in English and Spanish. WEDC’s overarching goal is to build a vibrant community of women business owners, comprised of start-up and established companies.
The Women’s Enterprise Development Center (WEDC), a 501(c)(3) corporation, has been empowering women entrepreneurs to build successful small businesses since 1997 in Westchester County and the Hudson Valley. Our overarching goal is to build a vibrant community of women business owners, comprised of start-up and established companies.