Program and Office Coordinator
Women’s Enterprise Development Center
The Women’s Enterprise Development Center Inc. (WEDC) is a non-profit microenterprise development program, a Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Women’s Business Center, and a New York State Empire Development Corporation’s Entrepreneurship Assistance Center (EAC), designed to help women and minorities achieve economic self-sufficiency through small business ownership. WEDC provides high-quality business training programs, one-on-one business counseling, microloan application and M/WBE certification application assistance for both start- up and established women business owners in Westchester County and the Hudson Valley. Our programs are offered in English and Spanish.
The Program and Office Coordinator works closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Director of Development and Strategic Initiatives and plays a vital role in the execution of the organization’s initiatives and programs by performing a number of programmatic and administrative tasks. The Coordinator will have significant interaction with almost all of WEDC’s stakeholders: board members, donors, volunteers, clients, staff, community leaders and the media and therefore should have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, strong people skills and excellent verbal, written and communications skills. Strong business technology acumen. The Coordinator takes initiative and solves problems proactively. The ideal candidate is dedicated to the organization’s mission and is a team player.
- Supports senior staff by facilitating and coordinating schedules and program participation
- Responsible for researching and preparing communications, including, but not limited to, organization updates, presentations, and other correspondence as required
- Creates visually compelling programmatic presentations that leverage data to tell a story
- Provides research and insight for staff and program meetings, capturing information and managing all follow-up actions and communications (including any additional research to inform next steps)
- Supports development tasks including letter and grant writing, entering contact information into database, mailings, fundraising event administration and follow up
- Coordinates travel arrangements and prepares travel and expense reports.
- Maintains internal and external communication phone, mail and email.
- Establishes and oversees office-filing system
- Liaises with IT support services
- Arranges the ordering and purchase of office supplies
- Performs other job-related duties or projects as assigned by the Senior staff and CEO
Qualifications and Experience:
- Three to five years of experience in assisting a CEO or Executive Director at a nonprofit organization
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication and decision-making skills
- Knowledge and proficiency in Office 365, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Dropbox, CRM database, WordPress and similar office management tools
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in event planning and social media a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Dependable, consistent, and positive- taking pride in ownership and authorship
Bachelor’s degree. Degree in nonprofit management, business/entrepreneurship and/or women’s issues a plus.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Women’s Enterprise Development Center Inc. (WEDC) Equal Opportunity Statement
WEDC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome qualified applicants to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job Type: 4 days/32 hours
Business Course Trainer
For WEDC's 60 hr comprehensive entrepreneurial training program
ENGLISH in White Plains | SPANISH in Newburgh
WEDC Trainers must be able to provide entrepreneurial training that covers the basics of owning and operating a small business. The end result for the students in the class is to graduate with a solid business plan that can be used to either start a new business or enhance an existing business. Programs are offered in Westchester, Orange, and Dutchess Counties. Courses are offered in the evening (6pm-9pm).
Trainers must be knowledgeable in most sectors of the business curriculum unless a specialist in brought in to present the session. Other responsibilities of the position include:
- Trainers will verbally communicate to the Program Director weekly about the progress of the class.
- Trainers will prepare written reports on participants’ attendance, progress/status, and other relevant information. Such information may include any special activity in which the participants engage, and special circumstances (e.g. awards, recognition, business opportunities, personal and family circumstances) of which the trainer is aware and has an impact on the participant’s ability to complete the training program.
- Trainer will follow up with students that are absent to encourage continued participation in the class.
- Assist WEDC with plans for the graduation ceremony.
- The trainer must provide WEDC with a written report no later than 30 days after the course is completed. Items to be included in the final report are: participants’ names and addresses, business names and locations, status of businesses and participants’ next steps for their businesses, copies of written business plans, review and comments on business plans submitted, and summary/success stories of participants.
- BS or Master’s Degree in Business
- Current or previous small business owner
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Experience working in adult education
- For WEDC en Español, fluency in Spanish is required
To apply please send your resume to:
English: Persephone Zill
Spanish: Veronica Bazan
The Women’s Enterprise Development Center (WEDC) is a non-profit organization formed in 1997 that helps entrepreneurs build successful businesses in Westchester County and the Mid-Hudson Valley. We focus on women entrepreneurs and provide them with the tools, resources and opportunities they need to achieve their small business goals. We offer a variety of programs to assist entrepreneurs at various stages of business development.
Learn how you can get involved as a salaried employee or volunteer. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org today!
The Women’s Enterprise Development Center (WEDC), a 501(c)(3) corporation, has been empowering women entrepreneurs to build successful small businesses since 1997 in Westchester County and the Hudson Valley. This is accomplished by providing comprehensive, high quality business training programs, one-on-one business and loan counseling, networking opportunities, assistance with loan applications for microloans and crowd funding through Kiva Zip, and MWBE certification assistance in English and Spanish. WEDC’s overarching goal is to build a vibrant community of women business owners, comprised of start-up and established companies.
The Women’s Enterprise Development Center (WEDC), a 501(c)(3) corporation, has been empowering women entrepreneurs to build successful small businesses since 1997 in Westchester County and the Hudson Valley. Our overarching goal is to build a vibrant community of women business owners, comprised of start-up and established companies.