Classes start on Tuesday, February 14, 2023. Sessions are held on Tuesday evenings from 6pm to 9pm. Classes are a hybrid with in-person sessions and a few remote sessions on Zoom. In-person sessions will be held at Dutchess Community College in Poughkeepsie, NY. The registration fee is $200.
Click MHV Spring 2023 Schedule for the list of topics and dates. Please keep in mind that this schedule may be subject to change.
- Business Model Canvas and how to conduct customer discovery to ensure your product fits the needs of the marketplace
- Create a customer profile and conduct a competitive analysis
- Utilize the latest digital marketing techniques, social media, branding, and media strategies
- Create an executive summary and pitch presentation to communicate your value proposition
- Perfect your sales strategies
- Determine forms of business ownership
- Create an operating budget for your business
- Develop financial management skills including record keeping and financial statements
The program culminates in a pitch contest with cash prizes!
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact the Women’s Enterprise Development Center Inc. at 914.948.6098.
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.