- This event has passed.
Harassment Free Workplaces – Poughkeepsie
April 29, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$20
SAFE, RESPECTFUL AND PRODUCTIVE
Employers who provide safe, respectful and positive work environments reduce the likelihood of harassment and inappropriate workplace behavior. The quality of the workplace contributes to employee satisfaction, customer retention, productivity and whether or not a business experiences higher levels of profitability. This program is designed to provide managers and business owners the understanding of:
- How to recognize harassment as inappropriate workplace behavior
- Unlawful types of harassment
- Why workplace harassment is employment discrimination
- The special responsibilities to report harassment
- The new requirements of all New York State employers to establish sexual harassment prevention policy and provide annual sexual harassment training.
- Business imperative for harassment free workplaces
- Employment practice milestones leading to anti- harassment laws
- Two types of sexual harassment and other unlawful harassment
- Preventing retaliation
- The manager’s or business owner’s responsibilities
- Federal, state, and local agencies that provide support and protection
- Case studies
Additional Take Away
- Overview of New York State model training requirements
- Review of New York State sample draft of sexual harassment policy
- Review of New York State sample draft of complaint form
Instructional strategies include: discussion, presentation, group and individual exercises, video vignettes
Registration fees are not refundable.