Are you over 50 and looking for ways to improve your current financial situation? Have you ever dreamed of being your own boss? Work for Yourself@50+ has the information you need to succeed.
The decision to start your own business can be both exciting and daunting. Work for Yourself@50+ breaks the choices down for older adults in an approachable way through five steps.
- A careful consideration of the potential benefits and risks of working for yourself
- Exercises to help develop the self-employment idea
- A realistic overview of what it takes to pursue a self-employment opportunity
- Guidance to help avoid pitfalls and scams
- Ways to find trustworthy support and services
Instructor: Persephone Zill, WEDC Westchester, Women’s Business Center Director
WEDC’s Women’s Business Center Director, Persephone brings a wealth of experience with entrepreneurial education and non-profit management. She was the Associate Director at Fordham University’s social innovation lab and a Senior VP at Feeding Westchester, developing strategic partnerships around solving hunger in Westchester County. Ms. Zill previously served as the Program Director for WEDC, training and counseling women entrepreneurs for nine years. She received a BA in American Studies from Barnard College and an MBA in Management/Entrepreneurship from Baruch College. Ms. Zill currently serves as a task force member for Westchester County’s Incubator Network.