In this virtual conference, WEDC, WCEC and WBECEast are bringing together women and minority business owners operating in NJ, NY & PA to network, share business challenges, and learn strategies to thrive and survive during the covid-19 pandemic and beyond. Attendees will have the chance to communicate with government officials & attend virtual workshops.
Marketing, Funding, Government Contracting, & Empowering Diversity.
U.S. Senator Cory Booker
U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
10.30am – 11.25pm: Building Marketing Resilience
Robin Colner, Digistar Media
Develop techniques on how to acquire and keep customers virtually including using empathy to build customer connection and loyalty. Top 3 takeaways:
- Improve your post-pandemic marketing messages.
- Identify the best digital channels to communicate your unique positioning with your ideal customer.
- Review current strategies for leveraging social media to engage customers and prospects.
10.30am – 11.25pm: Turn MWBE Certification into Procurement Opportunities
Kecia Palmer-Cousins, Aero-Ba-Soul, Inc.
Learn how-to strategies for successfully marketing your MWBE business to develop government contracts. Top 3 takeaways:
- MWBE certification opens doors to government and corporate contracts, providing income and experience, long-term stability and growth opportunities.
- Listing your business in the NYC, NYS, NJ and PA Directories of Certified Minority and Women Owned Enterprises is key to being found.
- Why it’s essential to have funding in place before submitting your bid.
11.30am – 12.25pm: Fearless Leadership in an Uncontrollable World
Allison Fine, Allison Fine Consulting
A traditional style of top-down, controlling style of leadership may have worked last century, but if it did, the results were that organizations were closed off from the world, leaders were expected to know all of the answers and people, out there, lived in little boxes of customers and clients. Digital technology changed everything; no company or leader can afford to isolate themselves from the world. Top 3 takeaways:
- Understanding social networks and ways to make your company indispensable.
- Key attributes of fearless leadership.
- Use of social media to connect and turn passive customers into active ambassadors.