- This event has passed.
A Step by Step Approach to Cleaning Up Your Credit Report
May 25, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm$10.00
If you are looking to purchase a home, refinance a loan, obtain a bank or credit account, lower your car insurance premiums, secure a job, or other areas that your credit score is impacting you, this credit workshop will provide the literacy surrounding:
· Obtaining a free credit report
· The three credit reporting agencies and the law
· Your consumer rights in protecting your credit report
· What makes up the credit score and the range
· What can damage a credit report scoring, how to overcome it and
· How to increase the score
The credit score is one of the newest forms of grading for individuals where it impacts the ability to obtain a job, a low interest rate, lowered monthly bills, etc. In a world of digital technology and volumes of data, over 75% of the credit reports have entries that are erroneous or outdated. With due diligence, consumers can keep track and restore the items that shouldn’t be there or that hurt their credit report thus increasing their scores. Doing so allows for more opportunities for job placement, opening accounts, obtaining lower interest rates, being charged lower premiums on services, and other avenues where the credit score is used.