Executive Assistant Full Time
The Women’s Enterprise Development Center Inc. (WEDC) is a non-profit microenterprise development program, a Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Women’s Business Center, and a New York State Empire Development Corporation’s Entrepreneurial Assistance Program (EAP) Center, designed to help women achieve economic self-sufficiency through small business ownership. Our mission is to build a vibrant community of women entrepreneurs by providing high-quality business training programs, one-on-one business counseling, microloan application and M/WBE certification application assistance for both start- up and established women business owners in Westchester County and the Hudson Valley.
The Executive Assistant works closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and plays a vital role in the execution of the CEO’s initiatives and visions by performing a number of administrative tasks. The Executive Assistant will have significant interaction with almost all of WEDC’s stakeholders: board members, donors, volunteers, clients, staff, community leaders and the media and therefore should have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, strong people skills and excellent verbal, written and communications skills. Strong business technology acumen. The Assistant takes initiative and solves problems proactively. The ideal candidate is dedicated to the organization’s mission and a team player.
- Ensure that the CEO is as efficient and effective as possible by facilitating the CEO’s daily and weekly work schedule
- Prepare communication and research for the CEO, including, but not limited to, company updates, presentations, and other correspondence as required
- Create visually compelling presentations that leverage data to tell a story
- Provides research and insight for CEO meetings
- Accompany the CEO to meetings as requested, capturing information and managing all follow-up actions and communications (including any additional research to inform next steps)
- Coordinate travel arrangements and prepare travel and expense reports for the CEO
- Maintain records of contracts for consultants, trainers, vendors and suppliers and arrange for approval and payment of said contracts
- Maintain and order office supplies and equipment as needed
- Review and maintain employee time sheets and a record of attendance and absences
- Perform other job-related duties or projects as assigned by the CEO
Qualifications and Experience:
- Three to five years of experience in assisting a CEO or Executive Director at a nonprofit organization
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication and decision making skills
- Knowledge and proficiency in Office 365, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Dropbox, GotoMeeting, CRM database, WordPress and similar office management tools
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in event planning and social media a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Dependable and consistent, taking pride in ownership and authorship
- Bachelor’s degree. Degree in nonprofit management, business/entrepreneurship and/or women’s issues a plus.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Women’s Enterprise Development Center Inc. (WEDC) Equal Opportunity Statement
WEDC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome qualified applicants to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone inquiries. Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.